Saturday, May 2, 2009

Heading to the Czech Republic


The kids from 2 years ago

There have been times in my life when I wondered what God was thinking when He gave me the gifts He has so graciously given me. I believe it is for "Such as Time as This", like the old Wayne Watson song says. I am so honored to be leaving bright and early Monday morning to Melenovic, Czech Republic for the annual Josiah Venture Leaders Conference. We get the joy of working with the missionaries children while the parents are there to learn, plan and fellowship with one another.

I will write more about them throughout the week but right now I ask for your prayers for safety, for the preparations and that we may be used by God this whole week.

Here is my itinerary:
Monday - 7:05am flight to Atlanta - Arriving 1:45pm, Atlanta time
5:50pm flight to Prague - Arriving Tuesday, May 5th at 9:20am
4:55pm flight to Ostrava- Arriving 5:55pm then we drive about 45 minutes to the
conference center

Wednesday - We get set up and have the day to plan. We start with the kids Wednesday night.

Thursday-Sunday Morning - We have (4) 45 minute sessions with them in the morning and
share their free time in the afternoon. The kids will get three sessions with us and one
session with their really cool leader Becca McMartin. We get together again after dinner
each day for a worship time and then the kids just hang out. They usually have a family event on Saturday-weather permitting.

Sunday Evening- 6:20pm fly back to Prague.

Monday - Spend the day in Prague, sightseeing and sharing dinner together.

Tuesday- 11:00am flight to Atlanta - Arriving 3:35, Atlanta time
6:50pm flight to Phoenix - Arriving 8:14pm

There is a 9 hour time difference between us. Pray that I get some sleep. I typically cannot sleep on planes so I read, draw and watch movies.

2 comments:

Seven's Heaven said...

will be praying for you dear one!

Jenn said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures : )

Love you mom!