Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday activities

Today was a busy day with the duct tape wallets (yep they were a hit) and the friendship bracelets. After the reaction from the girls, I switched plans around and allowed them to do them as well. It was fun watching the kids look at me like I was a little nuts for suggesting the wallets to being the proud creators of some really fun wallets. There was even some early negotiating for any of the leftover tape.

The friendship bracelets were also a big hit. They were easy to complete and the kids enjoyed making one for themselves and one for a friend. Later in the evening I asked all of the kids to pick out their favorite color of thread. After all of the evening activities I started a friendship bracelet for Becca that wove each kid over and around each other to create something that will remind her of them everytime she sees it.

Tonight my kids performed the rap they were working on and they were awesome. I had Truman record it on my camera so that I could post it on the blog when I get back home. Becca then showed them slides from every summer camp for the past 7 years. It was fun to see the kids grow right before our eyes. It was a wonderful time of laughter. I heard that tomorrow afternoon when we dont have any classes that we might take a short trip to Poland-the kids have a family day event planned. We are in on the secret but we are upholding secrecy like our lives depend on it.

Quite the musical bunch, don't you think?

0 comments: