Monday, August 18, 2008

Starting on Matthew

For a way to help deal with the grief of losing Matthew Fleming, I asked Michelle for some pictures of him so that I could do a painting for the family.


I didn't realize how hard this would be for me, not from a technical standpoint but from the heart. My only desire is to do Matthew justice with each stroke. I am going to take pictures at the end of each session I paint, so we can all witness the progress. As I finished yesterday I was struck by how our lives are very much like a painting, we live each day stroke by stroke and eventually the details begin to show that there is whole picture that God has created in us. It is up to us to make each stroke count.
The Blank Page - Getting ready to start. This is 16"x20", 300lb paper.

One day's work.

Face details.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God has blessed you with so many gifts of talent to share. I'm sure Chelle, Mark and all of Matthew's family will cherish your gift of love. -- Joyce

chelle said...

I had no idea.....I am overwhelmed with emotions. You are incredible, how can I ever express how thankful I am? Your work is so life-like. It is him. I can look into his beautiful eyes. It is so healing...I only wish I could touch him. I thank God for your beautiful talents. We get to reap the awards. I love you....