Monday, August 25, 2008

I was able to paint this weekend but not at home. I was asked to paint during all three morning services a picture that would represent us standing on the Solid Rock of Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-10 was the scripture reference and guest teacher John Politan walked us through the scripture and talked about the importance of the cornerstone of Christ. The part that I cling to, is in verses 9 and 10:


"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own posession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."


I chose my painting(s) to be during daylight and to show a man - who with outstretched arms is receiving Christ's mercy. This man can receive this because he stands on the solid rock of Christ.
It's sometime frustrating to do a painting to the quality that I would like to do in less than 20 minutes, but I am humbled that people feel the need to take pictures with their phones and ask me questions about the painting after the service. I paint for the audience of One and it is God who provides the blessing to others. I am so grateful that He uses me even when I am at my weakest.


Just like the man in the painting, I am so grateful for God's mercy, for His forgiveness that washes all the muck, gross and stupid things I have done in my life. I could not live without that in my life. If you have questions about what that kind of forgiveness can do for you, please let me know. I would love an opportunity to talk to you about it.


0 comments: